Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Vegetarian Chili

1 big onion
2 bell peppers
1 clove garlic
1 1/2 tsp chili powder ( or more according to taste)
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp dried oregano
salt and pepper
2 cans stewed tomatoes
2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
2 cans of other beans

Heat some oil in a large pot. Add onion, bell peppers and garlic, saute for 5 min.
Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 30min, stiring occ.
Serves 8.

You can also add mushrooms, grated cheese, sour cream etc... Great with pasta or corn bread.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm... we're making this one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this chilly yesterday, very good! I like the sweetness that the bell pepers bring to the chilly. I did it with half the amount of bean and it came out well, thanks Ln!

    ReplyDelete